Monday, September 12, 2011

Opa and Boo!


Saturday we squeezed in a quick trip to the Greek Festival in between a baby shower and six houses to visit.  YiaYia and Papou joined us for all the goodness.


Our little Greek princess loves feta cheese almost as much as she loves her daddy!


I think we unanimously voted that it was the best lamb any of us had ever had.


The REAL reason most of us were there:  LOUKOUMADES!


We did make a stop at the kids' craft tent.  Phoebe proudly showed off her tattoo in Sunday School the very next day!


YiaYia showed off her Greek pride as well.  Not sure she bared hers at church though...




We sent all the pastries home with YiaYia and Papou while we (unsuccessfully) looked at houses with our realtor.  After church on Sunday, we went over for lunch and Phoebe picked my favorite Greek dessert - bougatsa.  I'm pretty sure once she licked the powdered sugar off the top, she was done.  However, this little girl managed to polish off at least four koulourakia all on her own!  She may not be 50% Greek like her mama, but her belly certainly is!


This little guy spent his Sunday covered in hives again.  So much for thinking that both they and his cough were finished.  I had to take a note from the pediatrician to daycare today since he looks so awful.  Truly, he's in great spirits and seems completely unfazed by both the outbreak or his cough.


He's got the whole reach and grab thing figured out, bless his heart. 
Here's hoping they disappear for good in the very near future.

1 comment:

mkr said...

I also love that picture of Phoebs and mom! Mom looks much younger with her new haircut too. I sure hope those hives are clearing up - they look miserable. Can't wait to see you all soon!