Last Friday, Phoebe had her Christmas party at school. Ryan learned last year that only one parent is needed as it's beyond chaotic and ninety degrees in the room so I braved it alone. After pizza, opening their stockings and a Secret Santa gift exchange, we headed home to enjoy a laid back weekend.
Auntie Kate made it home Saturday from Pennsylvania so after her long trip in the car, we piled her in our van and headed downtown to experience Christmas at the Zoo. It was our first time and we learned the hard way to never again go the weekend before Christmas - lines were horrendous everywhere we went. I had grand plans to see the lights on the Circle and eat pasta at the Spaghetti Factory (it was over a two-hour wait!) - so...lesson learned.
Maverick refused to be happy in his car seat in the stroller so we did what we could without his coat - zipped him up in mine! But that worked out well for Phoebe - we just placed her facing front in his bucket seat and she got a free ride!
I love this blurry family photo - especially Phoebe's face.
Since Italian food wasn't in the cards, we opted for La Hacienda which is conveniently only a mile from home.
Maverick got to experience eating in a restaurant high chair for the first time. He'd also never had prunes before. I'd say both ventures were a success based on the pictures below!
Phoebe and Maverick matched at church on Sunday - unfortunately, a decent photo couldn't be had!
Sunday afternoon, Auntie Kate came over to play and help make some Christmas cookies.
It's official - the two teeth are in and the kid knows how to use them!
Making the most of our little kitchen! Note Phoebe's continued obsession with wearing summer clothes in the dead of winter...
Phoebe loves her some chocolate and this is typically the face we get afterwards.
Last night we got a package from Ella, Alecia, Mark and Aunt Debi.
Maverick got this fun tool set from Ikea and as soon as it was opened, Phoebe tried grabbing all the pieces. We can already see we'll need a few more lessons on sharing this holiday season.
Phoebe loves her veterinary dog kennel - she's already named the puppy CoCo...
And to share a chuckle that Phoebe gave me this week...we were driving to school and she wanted to listen to one of her Christmas cds. Then she wanted to read a book. While she was reading, I turned off the cd and listened to the radio (something I hardly ever do when the kids are in the car). All of a sudden she looks up and says, "Where's my cd?" I tried to explain that if she's reading a book then she's not really listening to the music and I preferred to listen to something else. She points her finger at me and says, "I'm going to tell you something. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit." Oh that child...we had a nice little chat about tone of voice and respect but I'm pretty sure her little three-year-old mind couldn't quite understand it all. We love our little handfuls!









No comments:
Post a Comment