Saturday morning I headed out to meet one of my good friends from Taylor to go for a walk on the Monon and then we had breakfast at a local eatery we'd passed while on the Trail. It was a good thing we walked first because their food was delicious. Next time, we'll have to walk further!
After breakfast, I met the rest of my family at the Carmel Library for Things-That-Go-Rodeo. Basically like Touch-a-Truck but our kids wanted nothing to do with the firetruck, ambulance, dump truck, garbage truck, school bus, etc. that were spread all over the parking lot. All they wanted to do was play with the homemade bubbles.
I was pretty excited about them myself!
We ran some errands and Phoebe ran into Sephora with me while Maverick napped in the van. We stopped at Starbucks on the way out and got a drink for Daddy. We ordered a venti as this one likes her frappucinos as much as he does!
Sunday after church, we headed back to the same place I'd eaten with Amanda the day before. We had a short wait outside and the kids entertained themselves next to the Trail.
These guys made it worth the wait! And yes...we'd ordered them on Saturday, too!
Sunday afternoon, Phoebe and I headed to a playdate with some friends from school. It was just a simple get together at one of their houses, but they have a pool so they had to swim despite the recent dip in temperatures. Kids don't seem to have an internal thermometer when it comes to swimming pools. They also performed what they've been learning for the Christmas program at school. I didn't take a single picture so you'll just have to take my word for it - they're a hoot when they get together! One of the moms who was there is a widow and she gave us a brief recap of how she lost her husband (five weeks after he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer) one week after their daughter was born. Hearing life stories like that just puts things back into perspective - I've been doing a lot of hugging, crying and snuggling recently. I'm pretty sure they all think I'm a bit whacko but I want them to know that they are God's biggest blessing in my life and I'm so grateful for each of them.
As I type, Ryan is driving back to our home-to-be to hopefully find our lot deserted. He's been going on his way home while the crew is still hard at work and he feels a bit awkward walking around while they're hammering away. Here's the lovely 3-car garage that was on Ryan's must-have list. I have a feeling it will be full in no time at all!
The basement, which I'm sure we'll get plenty of use out of even while unfinished!
And despite the rain we got over the weekend, they've managed to start framing. Hard to believe we'll be moving out of this apartment in just a couple months! We are SO excited!



No comments:
Post a Comment