At least once during a weekend, we try to make the trek out to the house as a family to check on their progress over the last week. Ryan usually stops on the way into the office or on his way home every day but once a week is good enough for the rest of us. We were amazed to find them mudding up the drywall when we stopped by on Saturday. Here Ryan and Phoebe are hanging out in a closet (trying to convince Phoebe that THIS should be her room since the closet is HUGE but she's just not interested in closet space quite yet...).
Phoebe hanging out in the loft upstairs. I think we'll make this into a reading nook once we get settled - I am SO excited about getting ALL of our books out of storage!
Both Maverick and I had colds over the weekend and while he napped in his car seat, I hung out and read magazines while Ryan and Phoebe explored Conner Prairie on a little daddy/daughter date.
They ventured to the Civil War area to check out the most recent addition to the museum. Who knew they had a water park, water table and more trains!? I can't believe we went all summer without getting that far out into the park!
Maverick woke up shortly after I encountered a bee in the passenger seat. Doing my motherly duty trying to shield my son from its stinger, I got stung AND made enough noise flapping magazines around that I woke him up in the process.
We headed in to find our other half and saw Phoebe watching away. Phoebe is an observer and would much rather sit and watch from a distance than join in (especially with a bunch of strangers).
Since Maverick and I hadn't been to the Civil War area before, they made the trek back with us to show us all that we'd been missing out on during all our other visits.
On our way home, we ran into a few roadblocks in downtown Carmel, saw a few fair food trucks and made a serendipitous decision to park and check it out. It's hard for Ryan to turn down a good fair so we had to at least take a peek. It was the International Arts Festival - lots of high end vendors (think $1500 abstract glass wall hangings) and not a lot of fair food so we lasted maybe 30 minutes before heading out. There wasn't much to entice the kids but they did have these photo spots set up in random places throughout the festival.
Monday marked the first Kinderdance class of the semester. We had to get new tap and ballet shoes as Phoebe's feet are growing like crazy but managed to still use a few of her leotards from last year. However, seeing her without her tutu on makes me wonder if maybe we should invest in a couple of new ones...and in case there's any question about the title of this post, seeing these two pictures below makes me chuckle and think of Olive from the movie. She is one happy kiddo and most times marches to the beat of her own drum...
And this is our little streaker getting a little work done before bedtime.
Ryan called me from work yesterday with exciting news - they'd started to paint our house!!! Finish the porch, throw up some shutters and pour us a driveway and we're almost done!




1 comment:
The house looks great, the kids look adorably crazy, and I can't wait to join the adventures you all keep taking! October 11th can't come soon enough! Thanks for keeping me posted on what's going on in your lives. Miss you all like crazy!
Post a Comment