Nana and Papa made yet another road trip to Indiana to celebrate MORE birthdays. Phoebe enjoys showing off her newly acquired reading skills any chance she can get. Here she's reading to Nana, while sitting in her 2-year old brother's booster seat - we're not completely grown up quite yet!
Saturday, Bailey and Parker came over to help celebrate. The girls had such fun together and played so nicely.
Maverick, on the other hand, preferred to leave a wave of destruction wherever he walked.
Parker turns one next month so we'll see Nana and Papa again in May!
It was freezing cold outside on Saturday, we had to wear our winter coats when we ran to the playground even. So we headed to the mall where the girls went to Build-A-Bear to celebrate Phoebe's birthday.
Sunday after church we headed to Conner Prairie since it was a complete 360 from the day before - an absolutely gorgeous day outside.
Phoebe fell in love with a little lamb who was just four weeks old.
Maverick wasn't as interested in petting the larger babies.
Phoebe and Nana made beeswax candles.
And everyone explored.
The kids could have stayed and watered plants in the garden all day long.
To say we were wet after leaving here would be an understatement - at least for one little boy.
Then we headed home to celebrate some birthdays.
DUMP TRUCK!!!
We took Maverick to his 2-year appointment to the following Friday only to discover he had a double ear infection. He'd been sleeping through the night, acting fine, no fever - so I'm glad we were there! He did NOT care to be weighed or measured so we took his figures lightly. He weighed around 24 pounds and measured in at 33 inches - not exactly a giant- nor will he ever be but he is he a riot!
Phoebe got to go to her 5-year appointment the following Friday. She was pretty excited to get weighed and measured and was right on track with her growth curves. The only bad news we got was her eyesight is around 20/40 in both eyes so we'll be heading to an eye doctor in the very near future.
Aunt Carrie & Uncle Mike shipped the kiddos their gifts and they came separately so it was like Christmas every day for three days straight!
We're hoping that garden tools will replace the snow shovels in the very near future!
Phoebe's actual birthday.
And the final package from Georgia.
Thursday I headed up to Fort Wayne for the day for work and had torrential storms on the way home. By the time I got the kids from school, the skies looked like this.
Luckily it all passed without much fanfare. I think I'd take Bismarck's 17 inches of snow over threatening skies like this...I'm such a chicken when it comes to tornadoes and for this reason, I don't particularly love Spring. Unfortunately, Phoebe has inherited my anxiety and is asking if there's going to be hail, thunderstorms and tornadoes. It's like she has an internal radar and picks up on those bits and pieces of information out of casual conversation. Now we're having to watch out for mean people with bombs (Boston Marathon news coverage) and hail the size of golf balls. Here's hoping for a safe, sunny summer!
Hanging out in the hardware store, testing out patio furniture and eating some raisins.
That pan of brownies in front of Phoebe was the second batch we'd had in our house in April. Ryan and I were able to polish both of them off without much help from the kiddos and for that reason alone, this was my lunch yesterday. Something called the "Ultimate Greens" which consisted of swiss chard, kale, collard greens, spinach, cucumber, apples, lemon and ginger. I did NOT finish it nor will I order it again. We Wallis folk prefer to EAT our vegetables! It was worth a shot, right?
To top off our Monday, Phoebe pulled this paper out of her bag when I picked her up yesterday. It reads:
Monday April 22 2013
Mom and Dad
I have acted
very sad at school
today
Turns out during their graduation practice (don't even get me started!) there were a few unruly children that tested the teacher's patience. She had them go back to the room and write their parents a letter. Needless to say, she went without some things yesterday and had to apologize for not listening to her teacher this morning. Bless her heart, it's hard being five.



No comments:
Post a Comment