So we've made our first trek to the Indiana State Fair. The heat index well over 100, we didn't last long outside. Long enough to check out the new born calves and for Ryan to grab a tenderloin - and of course twirl in the egg chair!
When we got in the car to head home, I asked Phoebe what her favorite part of the fair was. Her response? "The water!!!" She just can't get enough. We grabbed a pineapple whip (in your honor, Auntie Kate) on the way out and it made my night!
Friday, Phoebe and I headed to a nearby city park after nap time and I had high hopes of swimming and running through the spray park. Once we arrived, swimsuits on and beach towels in tow, we see a deserted parking lot and an empty pool. What a bummer! They closed all the Indy Parks Aquatic Centers since the school year has begun. We were just at the park the weekend before for the Farmers' Market and there was water everywhere. Good thing there was an empty playground - it made the waterless park at least worth the trip.
That and the fact that YiaYia met us there. She even obliged Phoebes in a duo-slide or two. I love the way Phoebe is looking at her in this picture! They're such good pals!
Then Daddy showed up, hoping to see his girls in all their swimming glory. He had to settle for swings instead. And because the heat was still oppressive and due to the fact that swim diapers really aren't good for holding liquid in, we headed home shortly thereafter for an outfit change (notice we're without shorts or a swimsuit bottom in this picture)!
Saturday we were back downtown for a little breakfast at one of my favorites, Cafe Patachou. The real reason we were downtown is that Ryan has his fantasy football draft next Saturday and needed to pick up a few magazines. After gathering his scouting material, we headed to the canal.
We were at a different part this time and we saw two wedding parties (both Hispanic and in crazy colors) taking pictures - I cannot imagine how hot they must have been. We also saw a guy who'd been out for a run, strip down and hop in the canal. I guess the heat just makes people do crazy things.
You can see by the face here that not even the fountains and the fish in the water could make her thrilled to be outside. We weren't outside long - it was just too darn hot!
Due to Coco not sleeping past 6:30, Ryan and I each took a turn letting her out and then hanging out on the couch downstairs so the other could catch some much needed rest this weekend. The go-to quilt is one Ryan's grandma made and Phoebe has turned it into a great teaching tool. It's a cross between Twister and Memory - I can't really explain it, but it's really helping her come along with her colors!
We started visiting a new class at school today. She'll visit the class twice a day for two weeks and graduate officially on the 30th. Change is something Phoebe does not enjoy so I'm hoping that this transition goes a bit smoother than the last one. She's getting so big and talking so much. Ryan and I constantly look at her and then look at each other in utter amazement. How did we get so blessed?












1 comment:
Oh man, you can't go wrong with pineapple whip at the state fair! Made my mouth water just thinking about it. Make yiayia get a key to the pool...that doesn't close until labor day weekend at least! Give that cute kid a squeeze from her auntie. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment