Friday, August 13, 2010

Beating the Heat!

Last weekend we met up with my good friend Amanda and headed to Eagle Creek.  After hitting the playground for awhile, we decided to check out the reservoir.  Phoebe loves ALL kinds of water and this was no exception. 



The she took off to watch all the geese while dodging all their poop!  She's such a big girl!



After lunch we went to see YiaYia. Phoebe had been asking for the last week to get her haircut so we made an appointment and she looks sooo much older now!


Sunday afternoon we headed back to YiaYia and Papou's for lunch and some time by their pond.  Here's Phoebe's face-plant into the back of the swing.

                                                                                                                      

Good thing YiaYia was there to give hugs.


And of course she had to get in some swing time!


And the baby required a few diaper changes at the swing as well.



Phoebe and I made it to the zoo on Saturday, just the two of us, while Daddy worked in Anderson.  It was a bit of a challenge going solo, but Phoebe had a great time and promptly fell asleep when we finally left.  Most of our time was spent at the water park.




And after we were done with the water, we got some ice cream and watched the ducks and turtles swim.  I'm pretty sure I fell asleep around 8:30 that night - I think we were both exhausted but had a great time together!


We also hit a farmer's market in Irvington on Sunday.  They had all kinds of things to look at and buy.  Phoebe's favorite stop was the "Animalia" booth and the Sheltie Rescue tent that had all kinds of dogs and puppies to pet.


Here she is not so sure about the snake - and opted not to touch it.  Can't say I blame her!


Glad to see the weekend is here again!  It's supposed to rain so we'll see how productive we can be inside.  I'm sure we'll find ways around it and have pictures to prove it next week!

1 comment:

mkr said...

Looks like you're milking the most out of summer, which I can't blame you! When you say Ryan worked in Anderson, is that code for "went to Colt's training camp"? Also, what kind of shorts is he wearing!? Keep him in line and give your baby girl a big hug from her Auntie Kate! Miss you guys!