It's hard to believe this little guy is already four months old! I'll be the first to admit that the newborn phase is NOT my favorite. I much prefer the interactive stages so I'm eating up Maverick's big gummy grins right now! He's on the brink of rolling over from his back to his tummy and loves to sit on our laps to see what's going on. He still prefers to be held when he sleeps and I indulge him more than I probably should. How do you say no to this face??
Maverick had his 4 month appointment Friday and here are the latest stats:
Height 25 1/2 inches (75%)Weight 14.3 lbs (45%)
Head 16.4 (40%)
(And Phoebe weighed in at 31 lbs. just for fun!)
When I took his monthly picture I accidentally put his 3 month sticker back on - of course those pictures were fun and smiley. By the time I figured it out, he wasn't in the mood for more pictures.
Here he is at four months and a day - and in a much better mood!
Phoebe loves being a big sister - however, she's having a hard time sharing her baby toys and has even asked for her wa-wa back a time or two... We've heard, "That's mine!" and even a "Maverick's not sharing..." which simply cracks me up!
Saturday morning smiles.
At the pediatrician's office, we asked our doctor about Phoebe's recent refusal to go to bed. Every night last week, she was WIDE awake after 9:30. He told us to get rid of all naps and to keep her as active as possible before bedtime. Friday night, Ryan told Phoebe if she didn't get out of bed at all, they'd get donuts in the morning. Fortunately (or unfortunately, I'm not sure), donuts seem to be her language because she didn't make a peep after he tucked her in! Now if only she spoke Cheerios and NutriGrain bars, we'd be good the rest of the week, too!
We had a showing on Sunday morning so most of our Saturday was spent cleaning and organizing. It's hard to believe we're already packing away most of Maverick's three month clothes. We came across this jersey which happened to fit Phoebe perfectly. She wore it the rest of the day in honor of Colts' Training Camp getting under way!
I bought this sleep sack over two years ago on clearance at Target for $1.87. I got it out the other day and it's almost too small for him - we used these with Phoebe for at least six months but I'm not sure Maverick will be able to stay in them that long.
On a side note, the last time we dropped off our books for the summer reading program at the library, I dropped off one of the books I'd checked out by Karen Kingsbury. The librarian asked if I'd read another one of hers and recommended I request it. I read it to Phoebe and was a sobbing mess by the time I finished. The next night I tried to get Ryan to read it to her and he stopped on page two! Here's an excerpt from this precious book:
Long ago you came to me,
a miracle of firsts:First smiles and teeth and baby steps,
a sunbeam on the burst.
But one day you will move away
and leave to me your past,
and I will be left thinking of
a lifetime of your lasts…
The last time that I held a bottle
to your baby lips.
The last time that I lifted you
and held you on my hip.
The last time when you ran to me
still small enough to hold.
The last time that you said you’d marry
me when you grew old.
Precious, simple moments and
bright flashes of your past –
Would I have held on longer if
I’d known they were your last?
-Karen Kingsbury “Let Me Hold You Longer”



1 comment:
Saturday morning smiles is probably a new favorite picture of yours. Cute kids! I'm catching up on your blog posts now that my students have moved in. Thanks for keeping up with it.
Post a Comment