Monday, January 28, 2013

Thank the Lord for iPhones!


Seriously, without our phones, this post wouldn't exist...LIFE has just been busy lately and the camera has sort of been out-of-sight, out-of-mind. 

Even before bed, it's the phone I grabbed and not the camera.  They don't always share well these days so when they can hang out side by side, it's picture-worthy!


Thursday, Ryan took a personal day and surprised Phoebe at school around 10:00 in the morning and they headed to Bankers Life Fieldhouse to catch Disney on Ice.






Being a little goofy after the show.


They let me tag along for a quick lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory.


Then they headed to the Children's Museum for the rest of the afternoon.  Needless to say, they both slept well that night!


Friday morning I had the eye appointment I'd rescheduled when we got that snow the day we were to leave for Georgia.  We woke up to MORE snow on Friday.  Maybe two inches total but it wreaked havoc on the roads during rush hour.  So...rather than make it downtown, drop off the kids and back north for my appointment, I called my eye doc and asked if they'd rather I reschedule or bring an almost five and almost two year old with me.  I feel as if I should preface this story with the fact that Maverick is finishing up his antibiotic from last weekend's ear infection and we've finally progressed back to solid poops but the kid is a machine.  He pooped once before and once during the appointment (and of course since I'd planned on taking them to school prior, I was NOT prepared with a diaper bag).  Luckily they were pretty easy to clean up and we could just throw the diaper back on.  He pooped again on the way back downtown, too!  We were moved into three different exam rooms during our visit and carting around 3 winter coats, my 10-lb. purse and a backpack full of distraction, it was a little chaotic.  I think they were ready for us to go when we were done...and let's just say I was a hot mess by the time we left...


"Watch this!"


"Mom!  She's in my spot!"


Saturday we squeezed in a quick haircut for Maverick as those curls were getting a bit unruly.  He did better this time and was bribed well by a Thomas the Train video and smarties.


 And you get what you get with phone pics - they're playing "You're the Dad and I'm the Mom" and they're in their car with their babies in this picture. 


Just attempting to get a better shot of his new do but I think that'll have to wait till next week's post.


As I'm typing this, Ryan is down for the count on the couch with stomach issues and I'm selfishly hoping it's something he ate at lunch that no one else in the house can catch.  Here's praying for another healthy week!

No comments: