Sunday, April 10, 2011

Nana is a ROCKSTAR!

Today was our first day without Nana and Papa at our house since Maverick was born a week ago.  I think the only reason we survived is because he slept almost the entire day away (which makes me a bit nervous about getting any sleep tonight!). 

I have to say that I truly believe Nana is a super-hero.  My sweet mother-in-law has more energy than anyone I've ever met!  She and Papa (who got to hold a sleeping baby while watching the Masters) rescued us more than once in the middle of the night and gave us a few extra hours of sleep our first week home.  They also stocked our fridge (and our freezer) with enough food to feed an army!  And they made the transition for Phoebe SO much easier because they were able to play endless games of hide-and-seek with her and put the same darn puzzle together too many times to count. 

Phoebe got to play with Nana's iPod (she's a brave woman!).


And Baby Brother slept.


We had quite a few nice weather days while they visited and spent a lot of time outdoors.  I have to say that although giving birth without drugs was not my ideal labor experience, the recovery was a million times easier this time around so luckily, I was able to actually enjoy coming home.


Nana took Phoebe for wagon rides around the backyard with Brutus while I got to hold a sleeping baby boy.


The next day we went on a picnic at a park but the weather didn't cooperate as nicely.  It was much chillier than we'd anticipated so Nana froze outside while I fed Mav in the nice warm car.


She's opted for the "big girl swings" at the last few parks we've been to.  Ryan even commented now that Maverick is here and oh-so-tiny, Phoebe seems like SUCH a big kid!


Not sure what she's saying here, but she looks so serious.


Let's just say we're not sure whether he's a fan of bath time yet or not...but if we had to guess,
we'd say he's not!


I LOVE Baby Legs.  Ryan does not.


  We got out some bins of Phoebe's clothes to send down to Sophie in Georgia and Phoebe entertained us on her trampoline while we sorted through sizes.


Here she is modeling part of the outfit she wore to her first birthday party.


And a pair of pjs that were 12 months along with a sun hat that we bought down in Florida for Aunt Carrie and Uncle Mike's wedding before she even had her first birthday.  We let her keep the hat - we'll see if she wears it this summer.


And here she is wearing another pair of leg warmers for Maverick that are a bit too large for him (obviously).  The ice pack on her head is because I wanted her to stand on the table for this photo and she hit her head on the hanging lamp.  Not my smartest moment, but I am sleep-deprived...


We did head to another park on a warmer day later in the week and it was much more enjoyable to be outside!


They even flew an Ariel (the Little Mermaid) kite together. 


I think this leery expression pretty much summed up how Phoebe felt about sharing ANY attention of Nana's with Baby Brother!


This is pretty much the only state Nana and Papa saw Maverick in during their visit to Indy.  He definitely has his days and nights jumbled up. 


Phoebe got to spend sometime with her cousin Bailey in Kokomo on Thursday and they had a blast together - they're almost a year apart in age.  On Saturday, Bailey came to visit and they both said "cheese" and smiled till the flash went off - something Phoebe hardly does.  The little pose, complete with hands crossed, was done completely on her own.


We played with play-doh and ate (spilled) applesauce and decorated cupcakes with sprinkles for a pre-birthday bash for Phoebe while Nana and Papa were in town.


The girls practiced their "let's take turns" skills riding on Rody.




Saturday afternoon, Phoebe went to a birthday party for a buddy from school.  Her dad is a Krav Maga instructor so they got to tumble around on mats and have fun burning some energy.  Lucky kid got TWO cupcakes on Saturday.  She can't quite figure out how to blow out candles (or bubbles, for that matter) but she's learning.


It was a princess-themed gift extravaganza!


She now has heels in every color of the rainbow and practically a dress for every princess!


Love this picture of my boys!


And in an effort to keep the good-bye tears to a minimum, Nana and Papa left for Georgia after Phoebe went to sleep Saturday night.  Here she is in all her Tangled gear, getting one last nighttime story from Nana.  Can you hear her saying "cheese!?!"


THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU, Nana and Papa for driving all the way to Indiana and spending a week with our new family of four.  You made the transition a breeze and honestly, I'd have been lost without you!  Love you!



2 comments:

TJ, Kaylan, Miles, Perry & Simon said...

He's SOOOOO cute, Rose!!! I am dying to see him. Enjoy your time off work!

The Pelhams said...

Phoebe has the greatest expressions! The little guy is so cute :)